Moravian Music Foundation
The Executive Director of the Moravian Music Foundation (MMF) provides leadership, financial oversight, and staff supervision of the MMF. This position is responsible for preservation of the Foundation’s extensive archival collections with over 10,000 historical manuscripts and printed music, including first editions of The Star Spangled Banner and Ludwig van Beethoven’s Sixth Symphony. The Executive Director is based at the main offices of the MMF, in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and oversees collections and operations in the office located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. This position will require domestic and international travel as well as weekend and evening meetings and events as needed.
- Strong record of leadership and administrative skills in a non-profit organization, with a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience of staff including evidence of successful cultivation of the gifts and talents of others to build a team, which serves the mission and vision of the organization.
- Strong record of financial management and fundraising (including donor identification and development, and an understanding of endowments), audience development, and community outreach.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with various stakeholders, including successful collaboration with governing boards.
- Demonstrated adjustable focus with record of successfully managing multiple projects, simultaneously.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in the workplace and in communicating with different constituencies; in particular, with scholars and musicians of diverse backgrounds.
- A commitment to innovative approaches to the dissemination of Moravian music and history to the public and to scholars.
- A degree/training in arts administration, non-profit management, and/or music.
- Advanced degree in musicology, ethno-musicology, or related field.
- Proficiency in reading German and ability or willingness to learn to read German script.
- Active performer or composer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the MMF collections.
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications
To apply, submit a cover letter with current curriculum vitae or résumé, including 3 – 5 professional references to:
Barbara Howard, Chair of Search Committee
The Moravian Music Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.