Lunchtime Lecture Series
at the Archie K. Davis Center in Winston-Salem, NC
A Partnership of the Moravian Archives and Moravian Music Foundation
Lectures are held at 12:15 p.m., on the second Thursday of the month (except Oct.), in the Spaugh Lecture/Recital Hall of the Archie K. Davis Center.
FREE and open to the public.
You’re welcome to bring your lunch!
If the local schools are delayed, cancelled, or released early because of weather, please check the MMF website, the MMF Facebook page, or call 725-0651 before coming to the lecture!
- CANCELLED September 13, 2018 “Irene” – Moravian Mission Ship; Nicole Crabbe, speaker. www.moravianarchives.org
- October 18, 2018 (3rd Thursday) Dr Who? Moravian Medical Musicians; David Blum, speaker. At Home Moravian Church (529 S. Church St.)
- November 8, 2018 A Summer Intern’s Stories; Ian Sapp, speaker.
- December 13, 2018 And Still More Fun Finds in the Vault; Nicole Crabbe and Friends, speakers.
- January 10, 2019 New Tools at the Archives for African-American Genealogy Research; Eric Elliott, speaker.
- February 14, 2019 Recovering the Second St. Philips Graveyard; Salem Congregation Graveyard Committee, speakers.
- March 14, 2019 Stories from the Archives’ New Publication: The Records of the Moravians with the Cherokee, Volume 9; Richard Starbuck, speaker.
- April 11, 2019 An Introduction to Moravian Memoirs for Young Persons; Eric Elliott, speaker.
- May 9, 2019 Gehra, Guera, Gera – Moravian Composer; David Blum, speakers.
CONTACT INFO for MORAVIAN ARCHIVES, 457 S. Church St., W-S NC 336-722-1742
HANDICAPPED ACCESS, elevator access, and anyone who needs to save some steps or shorten their walk: Once you have parked in the Salem College/A K Davis Ctr/God’s Acre parking lot (see Directions), follow the brick ramp and approach the building on the lowest level (double gate) and press the CALL button. The intercom is active, and someone will come down the elevator to let you in the building, there at the double doors.