This chorale book is actually a series of books, voiced in SATB/ purchase individually / one part per book. Lyre sized. Flexible for any combination of instruments / as few as four, as many as 400+ ! See list below for instrumentation breakdown of the GREEN books, containing 174 different hymn tunes, and including Christmas carols, America, America the Beautiful, and The Star Spangled Banner.
There are 4 “parts” in the set, SATB, but there is a descant book available in the BLUE series that contains some tunes from the GREEN book.
- Soprano B-flat (Clarinet, Cornet, Trumpet, Baritone) $6
- Soprano C (Flute, Oboe) $6
- Alto B-flat (Clarinet, Cornet, Trumpet, Baritone) $6
- Alto E-flat treble clef (Alto Clarinet, Alto Sax, Horn) $6
- Alto F (Horn) $6
- Tenor, treble clef (Tenor Sax, Trombone, Baritone) $6
- Tenor, bass clef $6
- Bass, treble clef (Bass Clarinet, Trombone, Baritone) $6
- Bass, bass clef (Bassoon, Baritone Sax, Trombone, Baritone) $6
- Bass, Tuba, bass clef (octave lower than “Bass” part) $6
- Conductor’s Score $20 (each part on the page, individually)
- Piano/Organ Score $15 (piano reduction, like a hymnal w no text)
Carroll Williams (verified owner) –
The green book shows a range of 6 to 20 dollars.
what is the the $20 version?
I am looking for an enlarged version of the green book. a guy at Freidberg (?) . had such.It was spiral bound.
Do you have this or is it something he had made ?
Erik Salzwedel –
If you go to the shop page under sheet music you will see the list of chorale books. The $20 is the full score.
Dennis Fort –
These are beautifully arranged chorales with excellent harmony and moving parts that work well with various combination of instruments. In general, they work best if you have compatible soprano, alto, tenor, and bass instruments but with some creativity, there are other possibilites. They are genearlly accessible to players at the intermediate level and up, and tend to stay in keys and ranges that are not too difficult.